Were You Injured At A Construction Site?
At most Indiana construction sites, numerous contractors and subcontractors are working in the same area at the same time. In addition, individuals making deliveries or simply passing by the site add to the activity. So many people working in such close proximity with potentially dangerous equipment frequently leads to third-party accidents and injuries.
At the Indiana law firm of Matthew D. Barrett, P.C., our Logansport construction accident attorney represents individuals throughout the state who have been injured by the negligence of others. He has nearly a decade of experience and the passion to pursue the best possible results on behalf of his clients.
Examples Of Third-Party Construction Injury Claims
- A construction worker is injured by an independent contractor who violates Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- A worker accidentally releases a crane’s load at the wrong time, dropping heavy debris on an employee of a different company.
- A subcontractor fails to properly mark a hole on the roof of a building, and a different subcontractor falls through.
- A random passerby is injured by a demolition crew who fails to secure the area and post warnings.
- A power tool has a manufacturing defect which results in a serious injury or electrocution.
Why File A Personal Injury Claim If I Already Have Workers’ Compensation?
If you have workers’ compensation coverage through your construction company, you may be wondering why you should bother to consult our law firm. Here’s why you should: While workers’ comp is intended to cover your basic medical bills and time off work, that is all it covers. It will not cover your pain and suffering or other damages.
If you have a valid third-party personal injury claim, however, you can obtain this additional compensation. Our attorney works with vocational experts, medical specialists, OSHA investigators and other professionals as needed to build each case and help his clients pursue the maximum amount of money possible for the losses they have suffered.
Free Consultation With Our Kokomo Work Injury Attorney
If you were injured by a different company or an independent contractor on an Indiana construction site, do not hesitate to schedule a free initial consultation. Simply call the Logansport office of Matthew D. Barrett, P.C., at 574-516-6188 or toll free at 800-523-5099. You can also contact us online.
Because we charge contingency fees, you owe us nothing unless our lawyer recovers money for you. Evening and weekend appointments are available by request.