Giving Back to Community
We believe it is our responsibility to give back to the community. We do this through participating in local events and projects, as well as supporting charities and organizations. By investing our time and resources, we want to help build a better community.
Trooper Daniel Roy Barrett Memorial Scholarship
In particular, one rewarding effort we are proud of is the creation of the Trooper Daniel Roy Barrett Memorial Scholarship. Trooper Barrett, at 25-years of age, was tragically killed in an automobile accident while traveling northbound on U.S. 31 near Rochester, Indiana on January 27, 2008. While attempting to catch up to a speeding motorist at approximately 10:45 p.m., Trooper Barrett’s patrol car left the roadway and struck a tree on the driver’s door, causing him to suffer fatal head injuries. Trooper Barrett had served with the Indiana State Police for only six months and was assigned to the Peru Post. Each year, the Memorial Scholarship pays tribute to Trooper Barrett’s service and dedication to the citizens of Indiana by giving a $500.00 scholarship to a qualifying senior student of Logansport High School. Donations are welcome and may be made to the Trooper Daniel Roy Barrett Memorial Scholarship, c/o Cass County Community Foundation, 417 North Street, Logansport, Indiana 46947, Telephone (574) 722-2200.
We enjoy giving back to our community by providing care packages to our local Humane Society to help with the care of orphaned animals.
We also enjoy giving gift bags to the family birth center at our local hospital for new mothers.
We routinely sponsor free movies for children at our local movie theater at multiple times throughout the year and provide treats and gifts. Always a blast!!
We also take great pride with supporting all of our local firefighter heroes and enjoy sending them dinner as a “thank you” for their service.
We host weekly contests where winners receive a $50.00 gift certificate to local businesses. It is a joy to partner with local businesses in an effort to promote our community!
Near and dear to our heart is the support of children afflicted with autism. We promote autism awareness and acceptance during National Autism Awareness Month (April).
We are also proud to support the following organizations and entities through monetary donations and service:
- Participant, Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee, Literacy Volunteers of Cass County
- Judge, Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee, Literacy Volunteers of Cass County
- Chief Organizer and Tour Guide, Law Day at Cass County Courthouse
- Member, Cass County Community Foundation Scholarship Committee
- Volunteer, Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser
- Tour Guide, Law Day at Cass County Courthouse
- Board of Directors, Cass County Historical Society
- Founder, Indiana State Trooper Daniel R. Barrett Memorial Scholarship
- Donation to David Downs Cancer Fundraiser
- Donation to Breast Cancer Walk (Porter County)
- Donation to Emmaus Mission Center
- Donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cass County Bowl for Kids’ Sake
- Donation to United Way of Cass County
- Donation to Cass County Historical Society
- Donation to Cass County 4-H Program
- Donation to Cass County Dentzel Carousel
- Donation to Logansport Music Boosters
- Donation to The Salvation Army
- Donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Donation to William K. Vernon Scholarship Fund
- Donation to Special Olympics of Cass County
- Donation to Morningstar Girls Home
- Donation to Riley Hospital Children’s Foundation
- Donation to Indiana Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.)
- Donation to Peak Community Services
- Donation to Logansport High School Academic Competition (Hoosier Spell Bowl/Hoosier Super Bowl)
- Donation to Indiana State Trooper Daniel R. Barrett Memorial Scholarship
- Donation to Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser
- Donation to Fraternal Order of Police, Logansport Lodge #71, for “Shop With a Cop” Fundraiser