Aggressive Defense Against Alcohol-Related Charges In Indiana
“We are not a plea bargaining mill — we are ready and able to try cases in order to obtain the best results.” — Attorney Matthew D. Barrett
Whether you call it DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol), DWI (driving while intoxicated or OWI (operating a vehicle while intoxicated), the consequences of a conviction can be severe.
Do not let a drunk driving charge send you to jail or take away your driver’s license without a fight. Instead, turn to the Indiana criminal defense firm of Matthew D. Barrett, P.C. With nearly a decade of experience, our Logansport DUI attorney works vigorously to defend his clients’ rights and freedom.
From pursuing pretrial motions or plea negotiations to fighting the charges at trial, you can count on Mr. Barrett to do everything possible to either get the charges dismissed or mitigate the consequences of a conviction. In addition to DUI/DWI/OWI defense, he also handles:
- Driver’s license suspensions: Protecting your driving privileges or pursuing a hardship license to drive to and from work.
- Other alcohol-related offenses: Defending against underage drinking, vehicular manslaughter, child endangerment and more.
- Traffic violations: Handling charges of reckless driving, driving as a habitual traffic violator, driving with a revoked license and more.
Investigating Your Traffic Stop And Arrest
Mr. Barrett will carefully sift through the evidence and determine if law enforcement violated any of your constitutional rights during the traffic stop or arrest. From subpoenaing law enforcement’s video footage to analyzing the maintenance records of the Breathalyzer machine or challenging the validity of the field sobriety test, our lawyer will leave no stone unturned in your defense.
Five Important Things To Avoid In DUI Cases
- Do not speak to law enforcement about the case — you have the right to remain silent, so use it.
- Do not attempt to represent yourself.
- Do not plead guilty without consulting a skilled lawyer.
- Do not act disrespectfully to the police, the court staff or the judge.
- Do not dress carelessly for court — make the effort to look your best.
Free Consultation With Our Kokomo Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
We invite you to call 574-516-6188 or toll free at 800-523-5099, or contact us by email to schedule a free initial consultation with experienced criminal defense lawyer Matthew D. Barrett. Weekend appointments are available upon request. We will also visit you in jail or elsewhere by appointment. In addition, we are cost-sensitive and offer payment plans for any applicable trial fees.