An Attorney Who Understands The Toll Of Brain Injuries
At the personal injury firm of Matthew D. Barrett, P.C. Attorney at Law, I serve people throughout Indiana who have suffered serious brain and spinal cord injuries due to the negligence of others. A life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, I have successfully recovered significant compensation for numerous injured individuals.
In addition to providing legal advocacy, I go out of my way to help clients plan for the future. I am a member of the Brain Injury Association of Indiana, which offers resources for supporting individuals and their families through the recovery process.
Causes Of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that close to 1.7 million Americans suffer traumatic brain injuries every year, leading to 52,000 deaths and 275,000 hospital stays annually. The CDC also lists the leading causes of TBIs:
- Falls: This includes falls on construction sites, falls on playgrounds at schools or day care centers, slip-and-fall accidents due to dangerous property conditions and more.
- Motor vehicle collisions: This includes car accidents, motorcycle wrecks, semi truck accidents and other crashes.
- Pedestrian accidents: This includes injuries to walkers, skateboarders, joggers, runners and other people on foot.
The Lifelong Impact Of A Brain Injury
Because the spinal cord is one of the main control centers for the body, an injury to it can easily have catastrophic effects. Such effects can range from temporary paralysis to permanent paraplegia or quadriplegia. Even in less severe cases, damage to the spine can result in:
- Speech impairments
- Loss of feeling in the hands and feet
- Tingling or pain in the arms or legs
- Intense pain in the head, neck or back
Many spinal cord injuries require a long course of medical treatment and rehabilitation, which makes it imperative that you recover the compensation you need to pay for months or even years of treatment. I can help.
Request A Free Initial Consultation Today
If you or someone you love suffered a brain or spinal cord injury as a result of another’s negligence, do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation with me, lawyer Matthew Barrett. Simply call my Logansport office at 574-516-6188 or toll-free at 800-523-5099. You can also contact me online.
Because I charge contingency fees, you owe me nothing unless I recover money for you. Evening and weekend appointments are available by request.